Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lets The Words of Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah Free Your Mind Body and Soul!!!!


























Writing Royalty:  What prompted you to begin writing poetry? Where do you draw your inspiration from?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  I began writing poetry when I was in high school and I kept getting jumped so I starting writing about the things I was going through as a child.  Times I was not listening to my parents and wanted to be grown and do what I wanted to do caused me to also start writing.  Inspiration for me comes from anywhere. It could be the sound and drops of the rain to watching a movie. To watching a TV show and the words hit me to listening to music and allowing my pen and the words flow to do what it do.
Writing Royalty: Who is the author/poet that has most influenced your life?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  I am most influenced by Maya Angelou.  She is a huge inspiration to me. Her work, her flow the way she writes I just absolutely love it.  I always wanted to be like her when I grew up and I am starting to come into my own form.
Writing Royalty: How does a poem begin for you, with an idea, a form or an image?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  Poems being with mostly images. 
Writing Royalty:  A lot of your work is in strict form. How do you choose the form of your poems?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  I normally don’t I just write and let it flow.
Writing Royalty: Are there any forms you haven't tried but would like to?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  I know there are many forms but I would love to do Haiku.  Whatever is available I would love to try. Its good exercise for the mind!
Writing Royalty: Have you ever experienced writer’s block? What do you do, if that happens?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah: Oh yes, when I get writers block I have to let it pass and allow my mind to relax. I listen to music and just allow the words to come back. Gosh, I can have writers block for months but the best writes are when I am coming out of it. My motto is when I am silent I am working up a good poem.
Writing Royalty: What conditions help you with your writing process?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  Well I listen to music and allow everything to happen all in itself. I have to block out the distraction of the children and the tv sometimes and just relax the mind.  When you relax your mind and allow it to be free you are able to write with no pressure.
Writing Royalty: What is your five year plan for your career?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  Gosh that is another great question. Well I hope in five years to be an established author and a bestseller.  Depending on the industry to open a publishing company to help those who don’t know how and to charge a fee that is not breaking anyone’s pockets and just be the best  I can be at what I do.
Writing Royalty: What is the relationship between your speaking voice and your written voice?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  Well since I have not established my written voice it’s pretty much the same. I am currently working on it so that there is a difference. I have heard a lot of spoken word artist and I love it so I am working on it.
Writing Royalty: Have you published any of your poetry?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  I have not because I am currently still searching for a publishing company who is not going to rip me off, charge me an arm and a leg and who is honest and fair. If you know any please refer them over to me.
Writing RoyaltyIf people wanted to get in contact with you, how can they find you?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah: I am on facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/dapoetresss, Twitter: da_poetress. You can also find me at www.poeticfiyah.com.  You can also like my fan pages … https://www.facebook.com/poetryfiyah , www.facebook.com/definitivefiyah, https://www.facebook.com/thedefinitive,
Writing Royalty: Do you have any up and coming projects or tours?
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:  At this time I am still trying to get my book published and of course helping my husband with his and working on getting “Definitive Fiyah” published I am also waiting on a project to be featured on a local artist album also I am supposed to be doing an
interview with another poet so I am looking forward to those opportunities. .  I am not on tour yet but will be looking forward to it.
Writing RoyaltyThank you Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah for taking time to do this interview, we wish you nothing but continued success.
Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah:   Thank you for allowing me to share a little part of me with you all. Hope to get the pleasure to do this again. 



The Royal Guards as i lay in between my rulers my protectors i sit back and watch my king at this job at what he does best ruling the world as i make a move they make a move they were trained by my king to protect me at all cost on all measures they were train to attack they were train to command to only my voice they were trained to obey only me while my king is away fighting in battle my rulers my protectors are here to guard me © 2014 Dapoetress Poetic-Fiyah







1 comment:

  1. Keep being strong in your writing! Allow your daily experiences to be a piece of your writing artistry. Whatever plight you take, God will open up new opportunities and grace you with many blessings! Let the pen flow and your expressions will undoubtedly become recognized by the world as your uniqueness unfolds. ***Lois A.N. Williams*** published poet

    ReplyDelete